Add minced fresh onion if desired, these are great because you just prepare and freeze and just remove from the freezer when needed.
- Finely shred or use a ricer while potatoes are still hot.
- Stir in flour, salt, pepper and onion (if using).
- Heat 1/4-in oil in heavy pan.
- Form into small balls and drop in oil; fry until slightly golden.
- Drain on paper towels, then freeze for tater tot casseroles or to serve alone.
- When ready to serve, remove from freezer.
- Bake in single layers on a greased baking sheet; at 400 degrees until desired doneness.