5 hrs 8 mins
I like this recipe because its simple and quick and a good way to empty out those ketchup bottles! Once it is put together in the cooker you can forget about it until supper. I serve this with toast and a salad. The leftovers are frozen and added to homemade chili. For those on gluten free diets, please make sure all your ingredients are GF.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1If your beans have soaked overnight, Add enough HOT water to cover beans by about an inch.
- 4Cook on High 1 hour or longer until beans are tender.
- 5Beans need to be tender before you add the other ingredients otherwise it is hard to cook them to the soft stage.
- 7If you forgot to do this step then, place 4 cups beans into slow cooker.
- 8Add at least 10 cups hot water, cover.
- 9Cook on High for 2 hours.
- 10Test a bean - they should be soft/tender BEFORE adding remaining ingredients.
- 12Put remaining ingredients into slow cooker.
- 13Stir gently.
- 14Cover and cook: On Low for 8 to 10 hours or on High for 4 to 5 hours.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Homemade Pork and Beans, Slow Cook Method (Gf)
Serving Size: 1 (400 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 445.9
- Calories from Fat 70
- Total Fat 7.8 g
- Saturated Fat 2.2 g
- Cholesterol 9.6 mg
- Sodium 1689.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 77.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 19.2 g
- Sugars 31.3 g
- Protein 20.1 g