Recipe by Karen=^..^=
A friend gave me this recipe and it is a great treat for the kiddos, especially in the spring and summer! Easier to make if you have popsicle molds (available at most dollar stores and from Tupperware), but you can get away with using 3 ounce paper cups and craft sticks or plastic spoons. Plan ahead, as they need to freeze for several hours.
Top Review by ciao
Karen, these were great! My kids couldn't wait to get their hands on them. They were very easy to prepare! I used grape kool aid and grape jello. Exciting, huh? :) I didn't want to spring any funky flavor combos on my kids, they can be picky. Anyway, they taste great, and I will be making these all summer! Thanks for posting!
- 1 (3 ounce) package fruit flavored gelatin (Jello, Royal, etc.)
- 1 (1/4 ounce) package unsweetened flavored drink mix (Kool-Aid, Flavoraid, etc.)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup boiling water
- cold water
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine gelatin, drink mix, sugar and boiling water in a 2 quart pitcher.
- Stir until dissolved.
- Add cold water to make 2 quarts.
- Pour into popsicle molds or 3 oz plastic or paper cups and freeze until completely frozen (If using cups instead of molds, insert wooden craft sticks or plastic spoons after a couple hours or when mixture starts to become slushy and then freeze until completely frozen.).