Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
A decent substitution for the real thing.
- 1⁄2 cup fresh lime juice (or a combination) or 1⁄2 cup lemon juice (or a combination)
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1⁄3 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons mirin (sweet rice wine)
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1 pinch red pepper
- Whisk together juice, vinegar, soy sauce, mirin and brown sugar. Let sit at least 1 hour to marry flavors. Store covered and refrigerated for up to 3 days.
I made this to use in the "Dining on a Dollar -Spring 2013" Contest. I found it to be a very nice substitute for the bottled and I liked knowing exactly what it contained. Thank you for sharing the recipe! :-)
Since I eat gluten free, I can't buy prepackaged Ponzu sauce, so this was much appreciated! I used gluten free reduced sodium tamari and was able to enjoy this wonderful citrus sauce. Thanks for sharing!
I made this today because I needed Ponzu Sauce for the "Dining on a Dollar" contest and I have to say, this stuff is fabulous! No need to ever go and buy it when it is so easy to make and so authentic tasting! Thank for posting, gailann!