Prep 2 hrs
Cook 30 mins
This recipe sounds more like the fresh kielbasa we get from the Polish butcher than any other recipe I have come across. Unlike the smoked version, this needs to be cooked thoroughly. You can roast the kielbasa at 425°F for 45 minutes or simmer it in water for 30 minutes.
- 6 feet hog casings, 2 1/2 inches in diameter
- 3 lbs lean pork butt, cubed
- 1 lb lean beef chuck, cubed
- 1⁄2 lb veal, cubed
- 1⁄2 lb pork fat, cubed
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 3 teaspoons finely ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons ground marjoram
- 2 teaspoons ground summer savory
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 3 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 2 tablespoons sweet paprika
- Soak casings in warm water.
- Using a coarse disk, grind meats and fat together.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Stuff the casings, creating 18-24 inch links.
- Allow to dry 3-4 hours in a cool place or refrigerate uncovered for 24 hours.