Top Review by Jezski
We make kielbasa at least 3 times a year. Here are the seasonings we use for 10-12 lbs. of sausage: 3-6 cloves of fresh garlic, and 1 Tblsp garlic powder 6 Tblsp salt 1 Tblsp Accent 1 Tblsp sugar, brown or white 4-6 Tblsp fresh ground coarse black pepper some people use a little marjoram Bring these seasonings to a boil in about a cup of water, cool and pour over the cubed pork. Marinate with ice cubes overnight. Adjust the seasonings to your personal taste. We like garlicky and peppery.
- 5 lbs pork (not too lean)
- 1 clove garlic, minced (or more if you want)
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 1 tablespoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon Morton sausage seasoning
Directions See How It's Made
- Grind pork coarsely.
- Mix ground pork with other ingredients.
- Extrude thru meat grinder on coarse setting again into natural casing, twisting at desired link size.
- Freezes well, and is very aromatic.
- To cook, simply thaw and pan-fry in skillet for approximately 15 minutes on medium heat until sausage is nicely browned and begins to 'split', or use in your favorite recipe.