I came up with this recipe after trying all the recipes I could get my hands on. It works well for veal parmesan too!
- 1 (28 ounce) can tomato puree
- 2 (6 ounce) cans tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 dash dried thyme
- 1 dash paprika
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 dash italian seasoning
- 1 dash dried basil
- 1 dash dried marjoram
- 1 dash onion powder
- 2 dashes salt
- 1 dash fresh ground pepper
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- Combine all ingredients in sauce pan, rubbing dried spices in palm before adding to wake up their flavor.
- Bring to a low boil then simmer with the lid on for at least a half hour.