1 hr 5 mins
This is a recipe for pizza made entirely from scratch.
My Private Note
whole p ...
Units: US | Metric
FOR THE DOUGH
- 1 cup warm water (110 degrees)
- 1 tablespoon sugar or 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 ounce active dry yeast (7 g)
- 2 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
FOR THE TOMATO SAUCE
- 1DOUGH: Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Mix water, sugar, and yeast together. Add olive oil and salt. Stir in flour until well blended. Cover dough with clean dish towel and allow it to rest for 30 minutes in an area where there is no draft.
- 2Flour a clean surface with 1/4 cup of flour. Knead the dough for about 5-7 minutes, or until dough has absorbed the flour and doesn't stick quite as much to the surface.
- 3Press dough into a rounded pizza sheet. Or, divide the dough into five balls and roll them out to make mini pizzas, placing them on a cookie sheet.
- 4TOMATO SAUCE: Blend the tomatoes into a paste in blender or food processor. Pour into saucepan and allow it to simmer for about 15-20 minutes.
- 5Pour cooked tomato mixture through a fine mesh strainer. This should allow you to drain out all of the water from the mixture, collecting only the sauce. Set sauce aside.
- 6Heat oil in pan and roast the minced garlic for 2-3 minutes. Mix in the sauce, salt, and masala. Allow it to simmer for 10 minutes. Spread evenly over the crust and top with mozzarella cheese and your favorite toppings. Cook for 20 minutes, or until cheese has melted.
Browse Our Top Low Protein Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Homemade Pizza
Serving Size: 1 (214 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 292.1
- Calories from Fat 66
- Total Fat 7.3 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 593.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 49.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.9 g
- Sugars 7.0 g
- Protein 7.5 g