Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Adapted from Culinary Arts Institute Italian Cookbook. You can add any topping you desire.
- 2 (13 7/8 ounce) packages pizza crusts
- 1 lb Italian sausage, cut into 1/4 inch pieces (casing removed)
- 2 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 8 ounces mozzarella cheese, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Place each package of dough on a greased 15 X 12 inch baking sheet.
- Shape edges by pressing dough between thumb and finger to make a ridge.
- Spread one can tomato sauce on each pizza.
- Arrange 4 oz mozzarella on each pizza.
- Sprinkle over each pizza ¼ cup olive oil, 2 tbs Parmesan cheese, ½ tsp salt, ¼ tsp pepper, and 1 tsp oregano.
- Place sausage on pizza.
- Bake at 400 degrees F for 25 to 30 minutes or until crust is browned.