Recipe by CHEF GRPA
Pimento cheese has always been a Southern classic. There are so many ways to make this delicious spread, too. We like it just about any way you “fix” it. It is wonderful with soups, on crackers, and even grilled in sandwiches. 12 ounces Velveeta cheese (You can also make this using shredded Cheddar and Monterey Jack or any cheese of your choice or mix your cheeses. If using the shredded cheese use a pound of cheese)
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 (4 ounce) jar diced pimentos, undrained
- 1⁄4 cup sweet pickle relish (optional)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch cayenne (optional) or 1 pinch hot sauce (optional)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon celery seed
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
Directions See How It's Made
- If using Velveeta, put the cheese through a food chopper or use food processor to grind up the cheese. Add remaining ingredients. Mix well. Enjoy!
- Note: I stuffed some celery with it. If you don't have sharp cheddar on hand, use a 1/4 tsp (or a dot more) of cayenne pepper. When serving on white bread, consider grilling it like a grilled cheese sandwich.