Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
A nice all purpose pie crust. When I need a crust for a cobbler, I change it to self rising flour because I like lots of crust in my cobblers.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour, sifted
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2⁄3 cup butter or 2⁄3 cup shortening
- 5 -7 tablespoons cold water
- Put flour into a mixing bowl with the butter.
- Using a pastry cutter, cut the butter into the flour.
- add salt and water.
- Mix until dough is formed.
- Roll out on flat surface.
- Bake at 375 degrees until brown.
- Prick crust prior to baking for non filled baked pies.
Did a half and half butter to shortening for a bit more flavor. Great crust!
Great simple recipe for flawless flakey pie crust. Have made this several times and have used butter with great success. Delicious! Remember, the standard recipe is for 2 pie crusts or a double pie crust, so if making one open pie, half the recipe.
This is the perfect pie crust...I've used it many times. I use butter every time (shortening is full of trans fats and is terrible for you) and make it in my KitchenAid mixer. Works like a charm! Thanks!