A nice all purpose pie crust. When I need a crust for a cobbler, I change it to self rising flour because I like lots of crust in my cobblers.
- Put flour into a mixing bowl with the butter.
- Using a pastry cutter, cut the butter into the flour.
- add salt and water.
- Mix until dough is formed.
- Roll out on flat surface.
- Bake at 375 degrees until brown.
Did a half and half butter to shortening for a bit more flavor. Great crust!
This is the perfect pie crust...I've used it many times. I use butter every time (shortening is full of trans fats and is terrible for you) and make it in my KitchenAid mixer. Works like a charm! Thanks!
Great simple recipe for flawless flakey pie crust. Have made this several times and have used butter with great success. Delicious! Remember, the standard recipe is for 2 pie crusts or a double pie crust, so if making one open pie, half the recipe.