Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Use this for any pickling recipe that you might want to make.
- 2 tablespoons mustard seeds
- 1 tablespoon whole allspice
- 2 teaspoons coriander seeds
- 1 -4 minced fresh garlic clove (can use more garlic)
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon dried red pepper flakes
- 1 bay leaf, crumbled
- 1 cinnamon stick (2 inches)
- Combine all ingredients, and store in a airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 10 days.
Glad to have a pickling spice recipe on hand as pre-prepared pickling spice is unavailable here. I liked the flavour the ginger and cinnamon provided. A bit different, but definitely good stuff! I tried this spice on two different pickle recipes of Kitten's with excellent results.