Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This keeps in the fridhe for a week, cover with a thin layer of olive oil for freshness. It can also be frozen. For a vegetarian pesto use the Castelli cheese otherwise use the grana padano
- 100 g pine nuts
- 100 g castelli cheese or 100 g grana padano
- 2 garlic cloves, quartered
- 20 g fresh basil
- 20 g fresh parsley
- 100 ml good quality olive oil
- Place everything except oil in a blender or processor and blend until coarley chopped.
- with machine running steady pour in the oil and season if desired.
Very good. I had a lot of basil in the garden so I thought I'd freeze this for winter. I kind of winged the measurements and added more garlic to ours. Thanks!