Prep 1 hr
Cook 20 mins
A quick and easy homemade pizza that's as good as any take out!!
- 1 (1/4 ounce) package active dry yeast
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 2 1⁄2 cups warm water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup whole wheat flour
- 5 1⁄2 cups white flour
- In a large mixing bowl, dissolve yeast and sugar in warm water. Let sit until creamy (about 10 minutes).
- Stir in olive oil, whole wheat flour, salt and 4 cups of white flour into yeast mixture.
- Mix in remaining flour 1/2 cup at a time, stirring well after each addition.
- When dough has pulled together, put onto lightly floured surface and knead until smooth and elastic (about 4 minutes).
- Lightly oil another large mixing bowl, place dough in bowl and turn to coat.
- Cover with damp cloth and put in warm place until dough has doubled in size (about 1 hour).
- Deflate the dough and put onto lightly floured surface. Divide dough into 3 equal parts and form into rounds. Cover rounds and let them rest for about 10 minutes. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Use a rolling pin to roll the dough into desired shape. Cover dough with your favorite toppings and bake for about 20 minutes or until crust and cheese are golden brown.