Recipe by Northern_Reflectionz
My kids rave about these which are much tastier than storebought and very easy to make.
- 1⁄4 cup cooked riced potato
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 1⁄2 cups icing sugar
- 2 teaspoons peppermint extract
- 4 ounces semi-sweet chocolate baking squares
- 2 teaspoons grated paraffin wax
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix butter and potatoes.
- Stir in icing sugar.
- Add peppermint extract.
- Mix well.
- Mixture should be firm, not sticky.
- If mixture is sticky, add more icing sugar.
- Knead slightly.
- Roll into one inch balls.
- Flatten to form patties.
- Chill thoroughly overnight.
- Melt chocolate squares and paraffin on low heat.
- Dip each patty in melted chocolate, allowing to drain before placing on waxed paper.
- Allow chocolate to harden.
- Store in an airtight container.