1/1 Photo of Homemade Peppermint Marshmallows
I found this recipe in a magazine quite a few years ago and have been making them ever since. They are easy and don't require a candy thermometer. However, you do need a good quality mixer. Great as a christmas gift with hot cocoa mix.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Into a small bow, sift together powdered sugar and cornstarch. Line a 13x9x2 pan with nonstick foil. Coat with nonstick cooking spray and dust with 2 Tablespoon sugar-cornstarch mixture, tilting pan to coat sides. Leave any excess in pan.
- 2Place 2/3 cup water in large bowl. Sprinkle with gelatin. Let soften 5 minute.
- 3In a medium size heavy saucepan, heat sugar, corn syrup, candy cane pieces and salt over medium heat about 7 minute until sugar and candy canes dissolve, stirring occasionally. Strain into bowl with gelatin.
- 4Pour into mixing bowl and beat with an electric mixer until light and fluffy 10-15 minute Spread into prepared pan and smooth top using wet fingers if necessary. Dust with 2 Tablespoon sugar-constarch mixture. Let set at room temperature for 2 hours.
- 5Lift marshmallows from pan using foil. With wet knife or wet pizza cutter, cut marshmallows in squares. Put remaining cornstarch-sugar mixture onto baking sheet and toss cut marshmallows. Let set an additional hour. Store covered or in bags at room temperature.
Browse Our Top Candy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Homemade Peppermint Marshmallows
Serving Size: 1 (51 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 176.5
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 38.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 32.1 g
- Protein 1.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: