Found at www.recipegoldmine.com No indication of how much the recipe makes or time involved, but once I try it out I'll edit this recipe here. Here's what it said on that page: Homemade Christmas Candy Canes Posted by BettyBoop at recipegoldmine.com 11/14/2001 11:07 am Received this recipe from my sister and wanted to share it with everyone. I plan on making them for Christmas. I don't know how many candy canes this recipe will make.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine the sugar, water, syrup and cream of tartar in a sauce pan and heat till the sugar has dissolved.
- 2Divide mixture into 2 saucepans, bring to a boil (do not stir the mixtures in both pots) until the candy thermometer reads 280 degrees F.
- 3Add 1/2 teaspoon peppermint into each pot and add the red food coloring into one pot, leaving the other pot plain.
- 4Oil an enamel or marble surface or slab.
- 5Place mixture from one pot and stretch it like taffy, pulling and forming the mixture into a rope.
- 6Set aside and continue with other pot doing the same thing.
- 7Take both red and white ropes and twist them around each other again and again.
- 8Cut into desired sizes and form into candy cane shapes.
- 9Oil the surface lightly again and place candy canes and allow them to harden.
- 10Have fun making these!
Browse Our Top Candy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Homemade Peppermint Candy Canes
Serving Size: 1 (81 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 254.9
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 13.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 66.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 55.7 g
- Protein 0.0 g