Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Light and feathery homemade pecan waffles. Serve with strawberries and whipped cream for pure heaven! Cook time and servings will vary according to your waffle iron.
- 3 eggs, separated
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 3⁄4 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- Beat egg whites until stiff and set aside.
- Combine egg yolks, milk, melted butter and vanilla.
- Mix together flour, baking powder, salt and sugar and stir into batter.
- Fold in beaten egg whites.
- Fold in pecans.
- Bake on waffle iron according to manufacturers directions.
- Be sure waffles are completely browned before removing them.
This recipe was very easy to make (my mixer took care of the egg whites) and very yummy!