Recipe by PeanutButterFilling
This peanut butter cups recipe creates a peanut butter cup that has same taste and texture as the Reese's brand. Why? Because it uses the same excact ingredients. The directions below are to make really big peanut butter cups or you can make smaller cups or fill any candy mold with the peanut butter filling. Note: Dextrose is the 3rd ingredient and can be found on the web.
- 1 1⁄2 cups unsalted dry roasted peanuts
- 5 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon confectioners' sugar
- 4 tablespoons dextrose
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 12 ounces melting chocolate wafers
- cupcake liners
Directions See How It's Made
- Place about 1/3 cups of unsalted peanuts in a blender and press the Pulse button 5 to 7 times to chop the peanut into small pieces. Place on the side for later use.
- Grind the balance of peanuts in the blender until they turn into peanut butter. You will have to scrape the peanuts off the sides of the blender towards the blades from time to time. Make sure the blender is off when scraping the peanut down. This will take about 5 minutes or so.
- Measure and combine the sugars and salt with the freshly ground peanut butter.
- Combine peanut pieces from step 1 with the freshly ground peanut butter, sugars and salt.
- Thoroughly mix the ingredients until well blended and put on the side until ready to fill the cups.
- Melt the chocolate wafers in a double-boiler.
- Place a cup cake liner in a 1/3 measuring cup to hold the liner.
- Spoon 1/2 Tbsp of melted chocolate in the cup and spread it around the bottom and slightly up the side with the back of the spoon.
- Add 1 Tbsp on the peanut butter filling into the cup.
- Shake the cup back and forth with a fast motion until the peanut butter flattens down and is level on the top.
- Add 1/2 Tbsp of chocolate on top of the filling and spread is evenly with the back of the spoon and shake the cup back and forth until the chocolate is level and even.
- Repeat this process until all the filling is gone.