Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
I found this is the Taste Of Home magazine By LaVonne Hegland.... 20 minute prep and about 1-2 hours chilling time And you can add colored sprinkles of desired
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 4 1⁄2 teaspoons butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 4 (1 5/8 ounce) milk chocolate candy bars, chopped
- In a small bowl, combine 1/2 cup peanut butter, butter, confectioners sugar and salt until smooth; set aside
- In a small microwave safe bowl, melt chocolate chips, candy bars, and remaining peanut butter; stir until smooth.
- Drop teaspoon fulls of chocolate mixture into paper lined miniature muffin cups top each with a scant teaspoonful of peanut butter mixture; top with another teaspoon of chocolate mixture.
- decorate with sprinkles if desired
- refrigerate until set.
- store in a airtight container.
WOW!! These are excellent. I have made them twice now. I bring them to work, and they are gone in the blink of an eye. I tried them the second with rice krispies in them as the previous poster suggested, and those were good too. My mother has already asked me to make them and bring them to her house for Christmas. Thanks for such a great recipe.
Made for PAC spring 2008. This is a nice easy way to make your own peanut butter cups. I really liked the addition of peanut butter to the chocolate shell. I did have some problems with the first batch sticking to the muffin tin, so for the rest I used paper cups. I will be replacing the recipe I usually use for peanut butter balls with this, because it is much easier. But I will add 1/2 cup of rice krispies, I love the little crunch they add to the filling. With those 2 changes this will be a 5 star recipe for me, Thanks :)
These were great. I actually poured both the peanut butter mixture, and the chocolate mixture into ziploc bags, and then piped them into my mini cupcake tins. I love that you can change the cupcake tins, and the decorations depending on the holiday! I passed these out as Easter candy, and my whole family loved them.