Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
I tried a peanut butter cup recipe already posted, but I didn't like the graham cracker addition. I feel that it made it too gritty. I found this posted on another site.
- 354.88 ml semi-sweet chocolate chips (dark chocolate or white chocolate, whatever you prefer. I used a little bit of each kind)
- 118.29 ml creamy peanut butter
- 118.29 ml crunchy peanut butter
- 118.29 ml confectioners' sugar
- 2.46 ml vanilla
- 0.25 ml salt
- Set 2 dozen mini muffins wrappers on a baking sheet. Melt half of the chocolate, using a microwave-safe bowl and cooking it in short 30 second intervals until smooth.
- Using a spoon, pour a little bit of chocolate in each muffin wrapper and using a small clean brush to paint the chocolate up the sides of each wrapper. Chill candy for 20-30 minutes.
- In a small bowl, whisk together peanut butters, sugar, vanilla and salt. When mixture has come together, microwave until very, very soft. About 30 seconds.
- Once candy has chilled, spoon generous amounts of peanut butter mixture into each candy cup. Chill for another 30 minutes.
- Melt the rest of the chocolate and fill each muffin cup once they have chilled. Chill until set.
YUMMMY !!!!!!!!! This are so good and easy but a bit time consuming. Make sure to sift the sugar into the peanut butter so there are no lumps. I used a spoon to mix since I thought a wisk would get filled with the creamy mixture to easily. I used foil tart shells and this worked well a bit finicky to remove. BUT next time I will try to find those teent tiny paper cups to make them a one bite treat since we find the chocolate melts so quickly and what a mess BUT a good finger licking mess. LOL The biggest problem is I have 18 of these in my fridge calling my name LOLThanks for a yummy recipe I did this for the My 3 Chefs fall 2008 contest