Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
No boxed mixes here but it's still quick and easy to make.I made this up due to a serious addiction to both flavors and particularly to a combination of both. Prep time does not include pie crust. Cook time is cooling time.
- 3 tablespoons cocoa
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 dash salt
- 2 cups milk
- 3 egg yolks, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1⁄3 cup peanut butter
- 1 9 inch pie shell, baked
- 2 cups fat-free whipped topping
- Combine ingredients through milk in a saucepan and cook, stirring constantly, over medium heat until bubbly;continue cooking and stirring another 2 minutes.
- Temper eggs by slowly adding a moderate amount of cooked mixture to them while stirring; return to saucepan; cook and stir over medium heat another 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in butter, vanilla and peanut butter; lay a sheet of plastic wrap on pudding surface and cool; pour into baked pie crust.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve, again using plastic wrap.
- Add whipped topping and serve.
I really liked this, and Im not a big choco-pb fan. It was pretty simple to make. It set up fine, but I think next time I will just eat it as pudding instead.