Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
The best Peanut Butter. Three ingredients; nothing could be easier. I have been making peanut butter ever since food processors came out. When I used to babysit my grandkids they would eat it here, but now that they are older, I make it and deliver it to their homes. I have listed the ingredients in approximate proportions. I never measure, but go by the looks of it. Because I have to record measurements, I put down what I think it should be. I use Planter's Cocktail Peanuts in a can but have used other brands in a pinch. See instructions for more information. When I make this I drizzle a little oil until it is the right texture and then add the honey. The honey with make it more solid. Sometimes I have to add a tad more oil. If you continually make this you will see. It is well worth the making as it is DELICIOUS.
- Put the peanuts in the food processor and grind till they are fine and they start to back down into the bowl.
- Add the oil and process again till very well blended; it will be quite soft at this point.
- Lift cover and add the honey; process--after you add this it will tighten up and become more solid.
- NOTE: At this point the texture should be fairly soft as it sets some in the refrigerator, but if it is too hard add a tad more oil, but not too much.
- Put into a container and refrigerate.
We ran out of peanut butter and I didn't feel like going to the store so I decided to make this instead. I don't think I'll buy peanut butter again. This was very good. I only used half of the oil and it seems very spreadable. I'll make sure I have shelled peanuts next time because it took about an hour to shell 2 1/2 cups of peanuts. Thanks for the recipe!
Pretty tasty! Thanks!