Prep 1 hr
Cook 0 mins
One of my favorite fresh fruits are delicious juicy peaches...the ones that you bite into, where the juice drips down your arm. Ahhhh! Nectar of the gods! Some of the best are grown in Ruston, Louisiana, which is about 170 miles north of where I live. Making ice cream with these is just absolutely heavenly! If you are unable to get fresh peaches when they're in season, frozen ones will work just as well. Just increase the sugar to 1-1/3 cups. Hope you enjoy this recipe! :)
- 4 cups peeled diced fresh peaches (about 8 small ripe peaches)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1 (3 3/4 ounce) package vanilla instant pudding mix
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 4 cups half-and-half
- Combine peaches and sugar, and let stand 1 hour.
- Process half of peach mixture in a food processor until smooth, stopping to scrape down sides.
- Stir together evaporated milk and pudding mix in a large bowl; stir in peach puree, remaining diced peaches, condensed milk, and half-and-half.
- Refrigerate for about 2 hours. This will speed the freezing process up.
- Pour mixture into freezer container of a 4-quart hand-turned or electric freezer; freeze according to manufacturer's instructions. Spoon into an airtight container, and freeze until firm.