696 hrs 15 mins
So good! With corned beef going on sale soon for St. Paddy's day, why not give it a try.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Trim fat layer of corned beef to 1/8 inch.
- 2Mix together coriander, paprika, and garlic powder.
- 3Sprinkle half of spice mixture on one side of meat. Sprinkle on half of red pepper flakes and cover with pepper.
- 4Press seasonings into the meat.
- 5Turn meat over and repeat on other side.
- 6Wrap tightly with a lightly oiled sheet of heavy duty foil.
- 7Place meat seam side down on another sheet of foil and wrap again tightly. Repeat 5 more times using 7 sheets of foil.
- 8Slow roast at 240°F for 5 hours
- 9Remove from oven and let cool to room temperature.
- 10Refrigerate for 24 hours.
- 11Unwrap meat.
- 12If you like the coating, seal it on by baking at 400°F for 15 minutes.
- 13If you like your pastrami mild, you can scrape off the seasoning.
- 14Slice pastrami thinly at room temp or cooler.
- 15You can reheat in a frying pan with a few drops of water.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Homemade Pastrami - No Smoker Needed
Serving Size: 1 (231 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 584.1
- Calories from Fat 394
- Total Fat 43.8 g
- Saturated Fat 14.4 g
- Cholesterol 222.1 mg
- Sodium 2571.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 41.6 g