8 hrs 45 mins
I Love Figs!'s Note:
The recipe comes from a 1975 cookbook that my brother-in-law found at a garage sale called Crockpot Cookery. This pastrami is amazing. The most important part is that you use a CORNED BEEF brisket, which will have already been brined (unless you prefer to brine your own).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place first seven ingredients in crockpot, cook on low for 8 hours.
- 2Drain meat. Allow to cool enough to touch.
- 3In a small bowl, combine pepper and paprika with enough liquid smoke to form loose paste.
- 4Rub paste thoroughly into drained meat.
- 5Bake in 350 degree oven for 45 minutes.
- 6Slice paper-thin to serve with rye bread, mustards, and garlic dill pickles. Tastes great with cole slaw.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Homemade Pastrami (Crockpot)
Serving Size: 1 (409 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1203.1
- Calories from Fat 790
- Total Fat 87.7 g
- Saturated Fat 29.1 g
- Cholesterol 444.2 mg
- Sodium 5160.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.5 g
- Sugars 2.8 g
- Protein 84.5 g