For this recipe I usually need to double it for my family of six. I also use half Durham flour and half white flour instead. It seems to keep the noodles from getting mushy when cooked.
- Sift the flour and salt into a large bowl; make well in center of flour; add eggs, oil and water. Work liquids into flour with fingers to make a soft dough.
- Knead dough 10 minutes or until dough is soft and smooth. Cover with a DAMP towel and let dough rest at least 15-20 minutes.
- Cut dough into 4 quarters; roll each quarter to a very thin rectangle. Fold each rolled out dough into quarters lengthwise.
- Slice dough across 1/4 inch wide strips.
- Unwind strips and allow to dry on clean dry towels for 1 hour or longer.