Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
I never thought pasta could be so easy to make until I tied this recipe. Easy, fast and a large quantity from few ingredients. I like to serve this pasta with my Ukrainian Halushky recipe posted on this site at well. My children love just the pasta alone with onions sauteed in butter.
- Place the flour on your worktop, and make a well in the middle.
- Add the egg, and salt.
- Slowly add milk, as you are incorporating the flour into the mixture in the middle (with a spoon, work the flour gently from within the well, all sides, until you almost use up all the flour) . The dough becomes homogeneous , at which point you knead it with your hands, to obtain the consistency of pizza dough. You might need to flour up your worktop a little more, to prevent the dough from sticking during kneading.
- Place the dough on a floured surface, cover it with a tea towel, and let it rest for few minutes.
- Flour up you worktop again, take ½ of the dough and roll it out, using a rolling pin, to 1/8 inch thickness. Use a knife, or a pizza cutter, and cut to desired shape pasta.
- Sprinkle generously with flour, and toss gently together, so the pasta does not stick together, and let it rest.
Very nice! I like to make fresh noodles and used my pasta machine to roll it out and cut it. It didn't mention when to add the oil, but I just added it when I was kneading the dough. I used at least twice the amount of flour because it was quite wet. I cooked the pasta in salted water for about 4-5 minutes and tossed with a bit of butter and some fresh parsley. Made for my adopted chef for Fall PAC 2009. Thanks! :)
This was my first time making homemade pasta and it came out wonderful, although the recipe needed some adjustments. I DID use about another cup and half or so of flour and added olive oil when kneading the dough/masa. I did realize that when cutting the dough and boiling it----it needed to be cut thinner because the noodles swoll up. Although they were very delicious with seasonings of fresh basil, feta cheese, butter and garlic, the noodles needed to be cut thinner. I loved making pasta for the first time and hope everyone follows this recipe..with the help of a few who have tried it :) ENJOY!