Nothing is better than homemade pasta and making it is just plain good for your soul. Make it a family project and get back to the basics.
My Private Note
- 1Mix eggs.
- 2Put flour on a board.
- 3Create a well in the middle of the flour.
- 4Mix eggs gradually into flour.
- 5Turn on to a board and knead 7-8 minutes.
- 6(If using a food processor, mix eggs then add some flour. Pulse machine. When dough is soft and sticky take and put on a board. Knead 3-4 minutes.) Poke dough with your finger, if it comes out-but a little moist-okay.
- 7If the dough is sticky knead some more.
- 8Let dough rest.
- 9Cut dough in half (cover second half with saran wrap) flatten and dust with flour.
- 10Put through pasta maker.
- 11Widest setting first.
- 12(When dough is smooth, not sticky smaller setting.) Fold over each time put in machines.
- 13(May not need the last notch.) Cover with plastic until ready to use.
- 14Cut out the noodles: Using blades of a pasta machine that will cut dough into 1/4-inch wide strips, feed one end of a sheet of dough through blades, holding other end straight up from machine.
- 15Catch strips from underneath machine before sheet goes completely through rollers and arrange cut strips across lightly floured jelly-roll pans or let them hang over tops of straight backed chairs.
- 16Let strips dry 30 minutes.
- 17To make bowties: Make a rectangle and scrunch in the center.
- 18To make tortelloni: Cut pasta into squares (Use a pastry cutter).
- 19Put in filling.
- 20Fold on the diagonal and press closed.
- 21Fold corners together.
- 22To make ravioli: Make a long rectangle.
- 23Space drops of filling on half of the dough.
- 24Fold over dough.
- 25Cut and seal.
- 26To make raviollini: Use a cookie cutter to make a round, scalloped edge.
- 27Fold over.
- 28For colored pasta add spinach (green), tomato paste (red) saffron-mixed into the eggs (yellow), a little purred carrots (orange).
- 29The flavored is the same the color is the only thing that changes.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Homemade Pasta
Serving Size: 1 (143 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 553.0
- Calories from Fat 70
- Total Fat 7.8 g
- Saturated Fat 2.2 g
- Cholesterol 282.0 mg
- Sodium 95.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 95.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 0.8 g
- Protein 21.3 g