Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
Nothing is better than homemade pasta and making it is just plain good for your soul. Make it a family project and get back to the basics.
- Mix eggs.
- Put flour on a board.
- Create a well in the middle of the flour.
- Mix eggs gradually into flour.
- Turn on to a board and knead 7-8 minutes.
- (If using a food processor, mix eggs then add some flour. Pulse machine. When dough is soft and sticky take and put on a board. Knead 3-4 minutes.) Poke dough with your finger, if it comes out-but a little moist-okay.
- If the dough is sticky knead some more.
- Let dough rest.
- Cut dough in half (cover second half with saran wrap) flatten and dust with flour.
- Put through pasta maker.
- Widest setting first.
- (When dough is smooth, not sticky smaller setting.) Fold over each time put in machines.
- (May not need the last notch.) Cover with plastic until ready to use.
- Cut out the noodles: Using blades of a pasta machine that will cut dough into 1/4-inch wide strips, feed one end of a sheet of dough through blades, holding other end straight up from machine.
- Catch strips from underneath machine before sheet goes completely through rollers and arrange cut strips across lightly floured jelly-roll pans or let them hang over tops of straight backed chairs.
- Let strips dry 30 minutes.
- To make bowties: Make a rectangle and scrunch in the center.
- To make tortelloni: Cut pasta into squares (Use a pastry cutter).
- Put in filling.
- Fold on the diagonal and press closed.
- Fold corners together.
- To make ravioli: Make a long rectangle.
- Space drops of filling on half of the dough.
- Fold over dough.
- Cut and seal.
- To make raviollini: Use a cookie cutter to make a round, scalloped edge.
- Fold over.
- For colored pasta add spinach (green), tomato paste (red) saffron-mixed into the eggs (yellow), a little purred carrots (orange).
- The flavored is the same the color is the only thing that changes.
Thank-You...... It was wonderful. Good luck with your new baby.