Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
These are similar to "bits and bites" and the recipe comes from my partner's mother.
- 3 cups Cheerios toasted oat cereal
- 3 cups shreddies cereal
- 2 cups salted peanuts
- 2 cups miniature pretzel twists
- 1 cup raisins
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 2 -4 tablespoons cocoa
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup vinegar
- garlic powder or salt
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees F/120 degrees C.
- Combine cereals, peanuts, pretzels, and raisins.
- In a small bowl blend butter, cocoa, sugar; stir into cereal mix.
- Toss until coated.
- Spread mixture onto a baking sheet.
- Bake for 1 hour, stir every 15 minutes.