I was cooking with a Japanese friend, and she told me how easy it is to make your own Panko. I can't believe I've been buying it all this time :-)
- 2 slices fresh white bread
- 1 slice fresh white bread
- Carefully trim only the brown crust from fresh white bread.
- Lay out on the counter (or somewhere safe) for 1-2 hours. Some people have had to leave their bread out to dry for much longer, even up to 12 hours, depending on the type of bread used.
- When it is dried out, crumble gently using your fingers.
- Use as desired.