A little trick that has been passed down in my family. Saves a trip to the store to get paneer.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 gallon whole milk
- 1 teaspoon vinegar (more or less depending on curdling)
- 1Boil the milk in a saucepan.
- 2Add the vinegar and watch the milk curdle (water seperates from milk fat).
- 3Drain out the water in a sieve or cloth.
- 4Put it in a cloth and squeeze out as much water as you can.
- 5Spread and flatten the paneer (make a square). Make sure the ends are tucked inches.
- 6Wrap the cloth on top and put some paper towels on top.
- 7Add some newspapers to the pile and put some heavy weight on top of it. Make sure the weight is somewhat equal on the paneer square.
- 8Leave it overnight. And cut into small pieces and store it in the freezer to use whenever you want.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Homemade Paneer!
Serving Size: 1 (1303 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1171.6
- Calories from Fat 570
- Total Fat 63.4 g
- Saturated Fat 36.4 g
- Cholesterol 195.2 mg
- Sodium 780.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 88.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 102.6 g
- Protein 62.8 g