Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
A little trick that has been passed down in my family. Saves a trip to the store to get paneer.
- 1 gallon whole milk
- 1 teaspoon vinegar (more or less depending on curdling)
- Boil the milk in a saucepan.
- Add the vinegar and watch the milk curdle (water seperates from milk fat).
- Drain out the water in a sieve or cloth.
- Put it in a cloth and squeeze out as much water as you can.
- Spread and flatten the paneer (make a square). Make sure the ends are tucked inches.
- Wrap the cloth on top and put some paper towels on top.
- Add some newspapers to the pile and put some heavy weight on top of it. Make sure the weight is somewhat equal on the paneer square.
- Leave it overnight. And cut into small pieces and store it in the freezer to use whenever you want.