Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
A delicious recipe for thick-crust pizza.
Make and share this Homemade Pan Pizza recipe from Food.com.
- 2 tablespoons garlic olive oil
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄4 ounce yeast (1 package)
- 3 cups flour
- 1⁄4 cup colby-monterey jack cheese, grated
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon basil
- 2 cups pizza sauce (your choice!)
- 1 lb colby-monterey jack cheese, grated
- 3 cups meat (or 3 cups of vegetables and meats)
- In small pan, combine water, olive oil and yeast over low heat. Stir occasionally to dissolve yeast; set aside.
- In large mixing bowl (or food processor!) combine flour, cheese, sugar, salt, oregano, and basil, mixing well. Add yeast mixture slowly, mixing until dough forms a ball. Place dough in a greased bowl, cover loosely with saran wrap and let rise for 1 hour. (Dough should double in size).
- Grease 14 inch pizza pan with garlic olive oil. Press dough into pan. Brush dough with olive oil and top as desired with sauce, vegetables, meat, and cheese.
- Bake at 400°F for 5 minutes, reduce heat and cook at 350°F for 30 minutes (or until crust is golden). Let cool for 15 minutes, slice, and serve.