Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
If you like chips, this is the recipe for you. :)
- Peel the potatoes and cut into fingerthick pieces. Try to have them all be roughly equal in size.
- Wash the potatoe pieces in cold water and pat them dry using a kitchen towel.
- Place in a big bowl, add the oil and the pressed garlic and mix thoroughly.
- Put onto a paper-lined baking tray and bake at 200°C in the preheated oven for about 20-25 minutes, the turn them onto the other side and bake for another 20 minutes until chips are golden brown.
- Sprinkle with salt and serve.
So delicious! Much easier and less messy than deep-frying. I love the clean taste of the sunflower oil, Thanks for posting!
A slight oops on my part when selecting this recipe, this family normally loves garlic but I forgot for some abscure reason the DH does not like it in his potatoes and due to circumstances if things had come together when they should have I believe these would have been cooked to perfection but we had a 20 minute delay and I had to turn the temp down so they didn't burn but they turned out a little rubbery but they still had good flavour (except to the DH). Thank you Lalaloula for a recipe I will make again when the DH is not about and may even explore using sweet potatoe, made for ZAAR Stars.
These were absolutely delicious. I left out the garlic and subbed with chopped mixed herbs. They were easy to do and cooked fast - we loved them. I served them with sweet chili philly !! I also left the skin on and was generous with the salt - so thanks Loula.