Recipe by Lene
For the best chips use maris piper, desiree or king edward potatoes.
Top Review by Craig J. Larner #2
Delicious, crispy and no doubt less fattening than your standard chips. excellent, flavoursome recipe. I found it took about half an hour though to brown the chips properly. I sprinled with paprika.
- 700 g potatoes
- 1 liter boiling stock
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 220 degrees celcius.
- Cut the potatoes into thick chips. Plunge into a pan contaning the boiling stock and cook for 5 minutes, until just tender.
- Drain in a colander. Allow to cool slightly.
- Put the oil in a plastic food boc and CAREFULLY toss the chips in the oil.
- Transfer the chips to a lightly greased baking tray and bake for 10-15 minutes, turning them once or twice, until golden and crisp. Sprinkle with paprika or salt to serve.