For the best chips use maris piper, desiree or king edward potatoes.
Make and share this Homemade Oven Chips recipe from Food.com.
- 700 g potatoes
- 1 liter boiling stock
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Preheat the oven to 220 degrees celcius.
- Cut the potatoes into thick chips. Plunge into a pan contaning the boiling stock and cook for 5 minutes, until just tender.
- Drain in a colander. Allow to cool slightly.
- Put the oil in a plastic food boc and CAREFULLY toss the chips in the oil.
- Transfer the chips to a lightly greased baking tray and bake for 10-15 minutes, turning them once or twice, until golden and crisp. Sprinkle with paprika or salt to serve.
Delicious, crispy and no doubt less fattening than your standard chips. excellent, flavoursome recipe. I found it took about half an hour though to brown the chips properly. I sprinled with paprika.
Turned out good! I used 2 chicken bouillon cubes in boiling water and added the potatoes. I drained than let cool down than rolled in olive oil and added black pepper and placed in greased baking dish. Thanks for sharing this simple, easy way of home fries.
I liked these, parboiling them in stock gave them a nice subtle flavour. Mine took quite a bit longer to start going golden though, I think it was about 20 or even 25 minutes. I served them just sprinkled with some salt. As Bergy said they'd make a great basis for some experimenting with all sorts of flavourings/spices. Thanks for sharing.