Recipe by Little Old Me
From Mr.Breakfast.com! Just tried this today, its great! I tripled the cinnamon and sugar though... we like it sweet =) Top with butter and eat warm - yummy!
- 1 cup milk
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄3 cup butter or 1⁄3 cup margarine
- 6 1⁄2-7 1⁄2 cups flour
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons additional sugar
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 (1/4 ounce) package yeast
- 3 eggs, at room temperature
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon (one for batter and one for topping)
- 2 tablespoons additional butter (melted or very soft (for topping) or 2 tablespoons margarine (melted or very soft (for topping)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine milk, water and 1/3 cup butter in a small sauce pan. Heat over low heat until liquids are very warm. Butter does not need to melt.
- Place 4 cups flour in a bowl with 6 tablespoons sugar, 1 teaspoon cinnamon, salt and yeast. Mix well. Add eggs and warm liquids, mix and knead. Knead in remaining flour.
- Place in a well greased bowl and roll to grease top. Let rest covered until dough doubles in size.
- Punch dough down and divide in half. Shape halves into loaves and place in well greased pans, let rise until doubled in size.
- In a small bowl, combine 2 tablespoons white sugar, 1 teaspoon cinnamon and 2 Tablespoons butter (or margarine), mixing until crumbly. Sprinkle topping over batter.
- Bake at 375°F for about 35 minutes. Test with a toothpick to be sure bread is done. When inserted it should come out clean.