Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
I don't think I've ever actually made a batch of these that got into my cookie jar. They eat them as I make them.
- Combine first five ingredients and blend until you can shpe into ball.
- Let stand 20 mins.
- Roll dough into 1/2" balls and place 2" apart on a greased cookie sheet.
- Flatten each with smooth side of a drinking glass which you have greased and dipped into Nestles Quick powder with each cookie.
- Bake at 400 for 8 mins.
- Remove and flatten again with back of spatula.
- Soften gelatin in cold water; place in heatproof cup in pan of hot water and allow to dissolve.
- Meanwhile, beat crisco til light and fluffy and add sugar and vanilla.
- Beat well; about ten mins.
- Cool gelatin and beat into filling.
- Use about 1 T of filling to sandwich each two cookies.
To Kim Steves: YUMMIE!!!! These little gems were so fun to make and the taste is great. I made 'em for my grandkids and afterwards was disappointed cause they weren't here to join in the fun. We'll definitely do it together next time! Thanks so much for sharing. Sincerely, Laudee
Great Stuff! Thanks