I don't think I've ever actually made a batch of these that got into my cookie jar. They eat them as I make them.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine first five ingredients and blend until you can shpe into ball.
- 2Let stand 20 mins.
- 3Roll dough into 1/2" balls and place 2" apart on a greased cookie sheet.
- 4Flatten each with smooth side of a drinking glass which you have greased and dipped into Nestles Quick powder with each cookie.
- 5Bake at 400 for 8 mins.
- 6Remove and flatten again with back of spatula.
- 8Soften gelatin in cold water; place in heatproof cup in pan of hot water and allow to dissolve.
- 9Meanwhile, beat crisco til light and fluffy and add sugar and vanilla.
- 10Beat well; about ten mins.
- 11Cool gelatin and beat into filling.
- 12Use about 1 T of filling to sandwich each two cookies.
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Homemade Oreos
Serving Size: 1 (1562 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 135.6
- Calories from Fat 59
- Total Fat 6.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.7 g
- Cholesterol 8.4 mg
- Sodium 89.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 15.2 g
- Protein 1.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: