Recipe by Marsha D.
This recipe comes from my daughter-n-laws mother. We have this delicious homemade oreo ice cream every year when I go to visit them in the summer. This makes in the gallon size ice cream maker.
- 1 (16 ounce) package Oreo cookies, crushed finely
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 pint half-and-half
- 1 pint heavy whipping cream
- 1 quart milk
- 4 lbs rock salt (box for ice cream)
- crushed ice (bag)
Directions See How It's Made
- Crush oreo cookies in a plastic bag. Set aside.
- In the ice cream container, add half and half, heavy whipping cream, sweetened condensed milk, crushed cookies. Stir to combine.
- Add enough regular milk to the line on the ice cream container.
- Cover with ice cream maker lid and place in the other container that holds the metal container of liquid. Secure and lock in place.
- Add a layer of rock salt (about 2 cups around containter) and a layer of ice and repeat layers of salt and ice til you cover the top of the machine.
- Plug in and let the machine go for 30 minutes or until it stops.
- Cover the machine with a towel for 10 minutes, and serve.
- NOTE: Be sure to keep watching and adding rock salt and ice until the ice cream is made.