Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
I got this recipe from a friend of mine, who doesn't like Oreos?
Make and share this Homemade Oreo Cookies recipe from Food.com.
- 2 (18 ounce) boxes devil's food cake mix
- 4 eggs, beaten well
- 2⁄3 cup oil
- 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 2 cups icing sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- Mix cake mix, eggs and oil together well.
- Shape into marble size balls.
- Bake at 350°F for 10 minutes. They are done when the tops looked cracked.
- Mix margarine, cream cheese, icing sugar and vanilla together.
- When cookies are completely cooled, frost the flat side of one cookie and then sandwich with another cookie.
More time is needed than the 40 min. indicated, closer to 2 hours if you're going for a nice presentation. Final product received compliments and comments such as: "tastes like an ice cream sandwich" or "boston creme pie". I recommend making the cookie dough balls shooter-marble sized, you'll get a 2" diameter cookie, any smaller and you'll be in the kitchen a lot longer w/ smaller cookies to put together. Also, make the cookies the night before for best flavor (the cookies will soften, but in a good way).
I found you can use any flavour cake mix. I just used Cherry Chip and they are delicious.
love this recipe! but it took longer than indicated... more like 1 hour. so yummy!