1/2 Photos of Homemade Orange/Grapefruit Jam
This is a successful experiment I have done just few days ago. I like orange jam, and I wanted to make a real, natural jam, and I did it. The amount of pectin is according to Croatian standard package. I don’t know how are your standards in countries you live, so it is up to you.
My Private Note
300 g b ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1If you want to have thin orange zest you have to soak zest from one orange 5 days changing water every 12 hours. After 5 days, cut the zest into thin slices.
- 2Squeeze out juice from orange and grapefruit. It should be aboput 2 liters of juice.
- 3Put orange zest, sugar and juice into pot and start to cook. After boils, cook on moderate fire about 15 minutes. In the meantime put glass-bottles into oven on 100°C
- 4After 15 minutes, add pectin in amount necessary for making jelly. Stir well 1-2 minutes making sure all pectin is dissolved.
- 5Than start to fill in the glass- bottles. Leave 1 inch space between jam and cover. Leave to cool it slowly.
Browse Our Top Jams and Preserves Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Homemade Orange/Grapefruit Jam
Serving Size: 1 (252 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 20
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 199.3
- Calories from Fat 2
- Total Fat 0.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 5.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 51.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 39.0 g
- Protein 1.8 g