Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Sometimes I just get so hungry for the chip dip we had when I was little with sour cream and a packet of French Onion Soup Mix. I won't buy those any more as they contain partially hydrogenated oil and sometimes MSG so I made up my own dip that comes pretty close. We use organic sour cream. Easy to double.
- 1 cup light sour cream (or yogurt)
- 1 teaspoon vegetable stock base (Better Than Boullion)
- 2 teaspoons crispy onions (heaping teaspoons! Like the French's fried type, but organic. Dehydrated onions would probably work )
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon sugar
- 1 dash celery seed
- 1 dash all purpose Greek seasoning (optional) or 1 dash seasoning salt (optional)
- Mix all ingredients and use for a dip for potato chips or veggies.
- We did not chill and it was good, but it might be better chilled for an hour or so. I added salt originally and it was too salty so next time I will mix, taste and add salt if needed.