Prep 1 hr
Cook 15 mins
These are a family favorite. Posting here for safekeeping.
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Place all ingredients except melted butter in bread machine pan, select Dough setting, and press Start.
- When dough has risen long enough, the machine will beep. Turn off bread machine, remove bread pan, and turn out dough onto a floured countertop or cutting board. Gently roll and stretch dough into an 18-inch rope.
- With a sharp knife, divide dough into 12 pieces.
- Grease a large baking sheet. Shape each piece into a round ball; flatten slightly; place on baking sheet. With a sharp knife, cut an X in the top of each roll. Cover and let rise 30-45 minutes until doubled.
- Preheat oven to 425°F Brush each roll with melted butter. Bake for 12-15 minutes until brown. Serve.
Pretty good! I wouldn't change a thing. I love oatmeal bread, so making this was a no brainier! I am going to make these to sell at my Farmers Market stand. If you want a cut, let me know!