1/2 Photos of Homemade Oatmeal Cream Pies
If you want something impressive and addictive to take to a bake sale, holiday event, or any kind of social gathering, this cookie is it. Seriously the best thing I've baked in a long time. Taste better than store-bought little debbie cream pies, and leave you wanting more and more and more! Creamy peanut butter and chewy oats together in a cookie sandwich filled with sweet marshmallow creme with a touch salt makes it really stand out in a crowd. I got the recipe from Better Homes and Gardens 100 Best Cookies magazine, and made them for the Holiday Cookie Swap 2011.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup quick-cooking rolled oats
- 2 teaspoons hot water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (7 ounce) jar marshmallow creme
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Grease a cookie sheet, set aside.
- 3In a small bowl, combine flour, baking soda, salt, and baking powder; set aside.
- 4In a large bowl, beat butter and peanut butter with an electric mixer on medium speed until combined.
- 5Beat in granulated sugar and brown sugar until fluffy.
- 6Beat in egg and vanilla.
- 7Using a wooden spoon, stir in the flour mixture and oats just until combined.
- 8Drop dough by rounded teaspoons 2 inches apart on prepared cookie sheet.
- 9Bake 8-10 minutes or until edges are light brown and centers are set.
- 10Cool on cookie sheet for a few minutes, then transfer them to a wire rack.
- 11In a medium bowl combine the hot water and the salt, stirring until salt dissolves.
- 12Add marshmallow creme, shortening, and powdered sugar.
- 13Beat with an electric mixer on medium speed until combined.
- 14Spread marshmallow mixture on the bottom sides of half the cookies. Top with the remaining cookies, bottom sides down, to make cookie sandwiches.
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Homemade Oatmeal Cream Pies
Serving Size: 1 (82 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 13
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 379.0
- Calories from Fat 187
- Total Fat 20.8 g
- Saturated Fat 7.7 g
- Cholesterol 33.0 mg
- Sodium 318.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 29.0 g
- Protein 4.7 g