1/4 Photos of Homemade Nutella -- Better Than the Real Thing!
Um Safia's Note:
Many European kids have grown up eating Nutella, I'm no exception & my kids love the stuff too. These days though, Nutella is becoming increasingly more expensive & as a mother of 2 young children, I'm also worried about what they're eating. This homemade version of Nutella is very simple to make & has only 3 ingredients. This is a recipe by Stephanie Gallagher.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place the hazelnuts in a dry skillet and toast over medium heat 2 to 4 minutes or until just starting to brown.
- 2Place the hazelnuts and the chocolate chips in the work bowl of a food processor fitted with a metal blade. Process for 3 to 5 minutes until the mixture starts to become smooth.
- 3Drizzle in one tablespoon of oil while continuing to process. If necessary, add another tablespoon of oil until the mixture becomes smooth and spreadable.
- 4Store in the fridge in a clean jar or lidded container for upto 2 weeks. You will probably need to mix the spread before each use as the oil can separate.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Homemade Nutella -- Better Than the Real Thing!
Serving Size: 1 (300 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 898.9
- Calories from Fat 729
- Total Fat 81.1 g
- Saturated Fat 12.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 4.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 12.3 g
- Sugars 27.2 g
- Protein 16.9 g