Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
This recipe is the same one used by the chefs at the Sanaa Restaurant located at Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge. You could also make these in a cast-iron skillet over an open fire.
- 3 2⁄3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon coarse salt
- 1⁄2 tablespoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2⁄3 cup warm water
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- Combine flour, sugar, salt, and baking soda in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. Stir to combine.
- Combine milk, water, and oil in a medium bowl. Whisk to combine.
- With the mixer running, pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients. As soon as the mixture comes together, switch attachment to a dough hook, and mix until dough is smooth and no longer sticky. Do not over-mix.
- Cover bowl with plastic wrap, and set aside at room temperature for 1 hour.
- Place a pizza stone on a top rack of the oven, positioned approximately 6 inches below the broiler. Preheat oven to 500 degrees F for at least 30 minutes.
- Divide dough evenly into 5 pieces. On a lightly floured surface, roll each piece into an 8-inch circle.
- Turn oven to broil. Carefully slide one circle of dough onto the preheated pizza stone, and broil until bread is bubbled and golden brown, about 2 to 3 minutes. Watch carefully, as the bread can burn very quickly. Repeat with remaining dough rounds.
- Brush the warm bread with melted butter, and serve immediately.