Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
A recipe that I got from my SIL. This recipe has become a staple in all our homes. The mustard has abit of heat and abit sweet but curry or cayenne could be added to "up the heat "or to your taste. Serve this with your next baked ham or roast beef sandwitch. A jar of this would make a great hostess gift. or serve with tiny meatballs or sausage roll as an appetizer
- 1 cup evaporated milk (not sweetened condensed milk)
- 1 cup white vinegar
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 3⁄4 cup dry mustard (such as keen's)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups sugar
- In a microwave safe bowl (no less than a 6 cup measure) mix the evaporated milk,vinigar and eggs.
- mix together the flour,mustard,salt and sugar and add to the wet ingredients.
- mix well.
- Place in microwave and cook for 2 minutes on high.
- Stir or whisk until smooth then place back into the microwave and cook for another 2 minutes repeat until thickened This will take 3 or 4 times.
- 1/4 teaspoon curry or cayenne can be added.
- pour into hot jars that can be sealed. Once open store in fridge.
- Note: My microwave is a 1000 watt and I cook the mixture a total of 4 times which is perfect.
Hubby and I have just started making our own sausages and burgers, so this will be the perfect accompanying recipe; I can adjust the mustard/spices to match those used in the sausage and burger meat. At last a sauce which can enhance rather than smother. Looking forward to a fantastic BBQ summer of flavour.
Fantastic tasting mustard! This goes together so beautifully that it 's a breeze to make - and the plus is it looks as good as it tastes. Will be making this to serve with the Easter ham - yes it's that good! Thank you for another Dotty2 recipe that is going into my Family Favorites - and into my Holiday Cookbook.