Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
I acquired this recipe from the Inn Chef Show. It's a great feeling to make your own mustard.
Make and share this Homemade Mustard recipe from Food.com.
- Using a coffee grinder, grind the yellow mustard seeds until they are powdery and resemble coarse meal.
- Place in a food processor and add the remaining ingredients.
- Process until very smooth.
- Store in the fridge in sterilised jar.
- Note: This mustard improves dramatically over time.
- Its flavors will mellow, becoming rounder and less sharp.
It is fun to make my own mustard! This is a very grainy mustard,even though the instructions say to process it until smooth. Those little brown seeds are still evident, which is actually quite nice. I added two teaspoons of honey to this recipe as my DH likes it less sharp. It's almost not fair to review this mustard right away, because I can't wait to see how it improves over the next week. I'll be searching for recipes using mustard now!