A lovely creamy-mushroomy soup for two. A dash of dry sherry or truffle oil maybe added. Should you like additional mushrooms and a thicker consistency, those may be added. Don't rinse your mushrooms, just wipe them with a damp cloth. With great reviews from: http://blog.seasonwithspice.com/2011/12/cream-of-mushroom-soup-recipe.html.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups fresh mushrooms, cleaned and chopped finely (brown or white button, crimini or any mix)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme or 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon flour dissolved in 1 tbsp water
- kosher salt or sea salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 dash nutmeg
- fresh parsley or thyme (to garnish)
- 1Heat olive oil in a sauce pan. Add butter and lightly saute garlic over medium heat.
- 2Add in mushrooms, thyme, bay leaf and Worcestershire sauce. Cook for 5 minutes or until the moisture from the mushrooms disappears.
- 3Add in chicken broth. Stir occasionally until broth boils, then reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- 4Add the flour/water mixture and stir constantly until the mixture thickens. Season with salt, pepper and nutmeg. Taste and adjust seasoning.
- 5Finally, add milk and heavy cream and bring to a simmer. Turn heat off.
- 6Garnish with fresh parsley or thyme.
Browse Our Top Mushroom Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Homemade Mushroom Soup for Two
Serving Size: 1 (345 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 424.0
- Calories from Fat 346
- Total Fat 38.5 g
- Saturated Fat 20.1 g
- Cholesterol 108.9 mg
- Sodium 307.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 3.7 g
- Protein 8.8 g