Prep 3 hrs
Cook 1 min
Just like the ones you get in the restaurant.
- 8 ounces mozzarella cheese
- 3⁄4 cup corn flake crumbs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fines herbes
- 2 beaten eggs
- shortening (for Deep Fat Frying) or cooking oil (for Deep Fat Frying)
- Cut the cheese into 2 1/2" x 1/2" x 1/2" sticks.
- Combine crumbs and fines herbes.
- Dip cheese sticks into eggs, then roll into crumb mixture, coating evenly.
- Repeat step 3 again, double dipping and coating evenly.
- Be sure cheese is completely coated.
- Chill 2 to 4 hours to set the coating.
- Heat oil to 375°.
- Fry the cheese sticks a few at a time.
- For 30 to 45 seconds or until golden brown.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Keep warm in 300° oven while frying remaining sticks.
- Serve hot with Marinara sauce or Ranch dressing.